Pls support my hobby by clicking on my ads... Thx =)

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Subject taken : Flowers

Last week, I went all the way to a place called Bukit Changgang in Dengkil to take pictures of Lotus and Orchids. Well, taking flowers may seem gay to some but it's a good way to learn good composition of photos.

My mentor - Mr. Lau lent me his lenses, how nice.. Macro lens and a reflex lens(expensive and rare stuff here). After we reached, Leanne and I started shooting away. Well, we met a few obstacles while shooting.. for instance, me and Leanne were stepping right on top of an ant colony while we were trying to shoot the lotus. When we realised it, the ants were all over our body.. too late! It wasn't the typical black ant, it was fire ants which gave us hell when they began to bite.











The following two pictures are taken with a reflex lens aka mirror lens.





Can u see the difference in the blur effect aka bokeh it produces compared to a normal lens?

Overall, I'm still not very satisfied with my composition.. Its plain boring.. but well, I've learnt many new interesting techniques from Mr. Lau. Thank you Mr. Lau for your guidance. I will experiment myself when I get a Macro lens I hope. I will not forget this experience because i brought home very nice local soveniers which were the ant bites on my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment