Pls support my hobby by clicking on my ads... Thx =)

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Malacca Trip (Part 2)

After checking into the hotel,

Went around town to explore. Did that on foot and was bloody hot. Imagine me having my camera bag strapped on my back and camera on hand roaming down the streets of Malacca with the weather conditions nowadays. Got me sweating like a dog. Because of that I had to buy an extra shirt as I under packed.

Here are the places I'd visited,

St. Paul's Church
The statue is St. Francis Xavier. His body was temporarily stored in this Church before it was moved to Goa, India.

Entrance of the St. Paul's Church

One of the tombstones that were displayed inside the Church

Surviving gate of A Famosa Portugese fort

Inside the gate of A Famosa


On the way back to the hotel after an exhausting walk through the town, went to Jonker Street to get a drink. My mom got attracted by the interior design of a restaurant and went in to have a look. Got a shot of a vintage looking spiral staircase which don't exist in modern houses nowadays.


At night,
Jonker Street which was accessible to automobiles are now closed for a night bazaar. After having dinner, took a stroll in the street. Nothing special really, just like a typical pasar malam. On the way back to the hotel, crossed a river.


And this is where I stayed for the night.

The environment of the hotel is nice but the room and food sucks though. Its not worth the money spent. After all, its targeting the Singaporean market.

Will blog about Day 2 tomorrow..

No comments:

Post a Comment